Monday, October 25, 2010

The simple woman's daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
it's gray and wet :-(

I am thinking...
how nice it would be if the sun would come out
and put her light upon the lovely autumnal leaves of the trees and give us some warmth.

I am thankful for...
heaters, hand knitted socks and warm cappuccino

From the kitchen...
pancakes with jam for dinner?

I am wearing...
two pairs of hand knitted socks (my feet are soo cold today) and my P.J.'s (yep, I didn't get dressed yet)

I am remembering...
the wood and coal-fired stove which we had when I was small, one of my neighbours has one and the smell always brings back the memories of hot chocolate after school in the kitchen :-D
I am creating...
bright yellow "paraphernalia-socks" are on my needles ...
they will be a X-mas present for my middle daughter.

I am going...
to have to do some laundry, I have been awfully lazy in the last few days :-(

I am reading...
"SixteenMoons" by Kami Garcia

I am hoping...
that my middle daughter will do well in the German-test today (essay about feelings .. yuck)

I am hearing...
my budgies making some noise ... lots of noise in fact :-D

Around the house...
I don't want to think about all the work I have to do this week...

One of my favorite things...
is .... hmmmh...it would have to be my coffee machine at this time of the day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
3 important appointments, which will have some serious impact on our family's future

On my mind...
the mother of my friend Tanja H.(we used to be best friends during our teenage-years, but lost touch .. ), who died of Breast Cancer 14 years ago. During BCA-Month I have to think about her a lot, I miss her very much!

Noticing that...
it's only 1 week to payday (about time!)

Pondering these words...
"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." (2 Chronicles 15 verse 7)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing
...do this (picture above)
and you will get something along the lines of that (picture below)Explanation:
Sock knitting can (doesn't have to though) be very tedious and boring,
especially when you are kntting "sans pattern", which means stockinette socks only,
and if you have to do LARGE socks (for the men in your life)....
but it is worth the effort, the reward is tremendous:
Not only do you have a gift to give, which will warm the recipient's feet more efficiently
than "store-bought" socks and will let them know they are so loved,
that you have spent your "precious" time on making something just for them,
but you have also the gratification of having created something with your own hands.
Plus: You can ponder over things you would never think about while doing something else.
It's really calming ....
(except when you're running late e.g. Birthday is tomorrow and you're not finished yet...LOL)

So hang in there and don't give up! :-D


Inspiration to think about things that matter comes from "the simple woman": http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: